• Remove all author names and identifying information, including affiliations, from manuscript and file titles.
• Do not include acknowledgements, including funding sources.
• References to your own work should be anonymized as follows: “(Author year, page).”
• Use the third person to refer to your work, as appropriate. That is, replace phrases like “in my article” with “in Smith’s (2015) article…”
• Reference list: Author appears in the reference list alphabetically and in chronological order, from oldest to most recent. “Author” is followed by “Details omitted for double-blind reviewing.” For instance:
Anand, Nikhil. 2017. Hydraulic City: Water and the Infrastructures of Citizenship in Mumbai. Durham, NC: Duke University Press.
Author (2013). Details omitted for double-blind reviewing.
Author (2017). Details omitted for double-blind reviewing.
• After an article is accepted, authors will de-anonymize their work prior to copyediting.